There are two ways to request payments from your guests.
Method 1: Request Payment from within the reservation.
Ideal for when you want to collect payments from a specific guest.
- Open the reservation
- Click the grey Request Payment button
- Select the currency and the value you'd like to collect. (This doesn't have to be the full value of the booking)
- Add a note for the guest record
- Click Create Request for Payment
- Highlight this link with your mouse, then right click and select 'copy'
- Go to your email account, and paste this link into an email to send to your guest
When the guest receives the email, they'll be able to follow the link to a payment page where they can securely enter their details and pay for their stay.
Once the guest pays, the Billing & Payments section of their reservation will be updated accordingly.
Method 2: Request Payment from the Insights tab.
Ideal for quickly collecting outstanding balances, and understanding how many payments are due across the board.
- Click Insights > Outstanding
- Find the reservation you need to charge. (All payments that are due now will appear at the top of the page, highlighted in red)
- Click Request Payment
- Confirm the email address
- Hit Send!
Once again, as soon as the guest pays, the Billing & Payments section of their reservation will be updated accordingly.