Sometimes it's necessary to limit a specific Rate Type to a certain number of people.
For example, you might have a Single Occupancy Rate Type which is only available for one person. Or you might offer a package which is only available to couples – so it needs to be limited to two people.
You can specify this information within the Rate Type, by adding Occupancy Rules.
- Go to Prices at the top of the page, then Rate Types
- Click on the name of the specific Rate Type
- On the right hand side, under Occupancy Rules, click Add a Rule
- Select the Condition, Value and Occupant Type
- Click Save Rate Type and Start Loading Prices
Let's look at an example in action. The following example is for a Single Occupancy Rate Type, limited to one person.
Remember: You can mix and match rules for certain purposes. For example, to restrict a Rate Type to groups of 1 adult and 1 child, you would select:
- Select Exactly, 1, Child
- Click Add a Rule
- Select Exactly, 1, Adult