What is the Minimum Stay rule?
- Min Stay Check In: This ensures that guests checking in on a specific day stay at least X nights or more. For example, a minimum stay check in rule of 5 on a Friday means guests must stay until Tuesday night and check out on Wednesday morning – at the very least.
- Min Stay Any: This ensures that guests staying on a specific night (regardless of their check in day) stay at least X nights or more. For example, a minimum stay any rule of 5 on a Friday means a guest that checks in on a Thursday must either stay one night (and check out before Friday) or stay five nights (and check out on Tuesday morning).
How do I set this up?
Let's look at setting a 3-night minimum stay for a bank holiday weekend:
- Go to Prices > Price Update.
- Add Min Stay Check In within the 'What to update?' field.
- Add '3' into the value field.
- Add the relevant bookables.
- Add the rate type.
- Enter the dates of the bank holiday. It’s common to add minimum stays to the Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but you might want to include the Thursday and Monday too.
- Add the days of the week.
- Click Set Prices.
You can also add minimum stays directly from the Grid – great if you've only got a couple of dates you want to update.
- Go to Prices > Grid.
- Enter the dates of the bank holiday under from and until.
- Select Min Stay Any from the drop down menu under Show Me.
- Click Show on Grid.
- You can now click the relevant dates, and type 3.
- Hit enter on your keyboard to save.
- Repeat this process until the dates for each bookable read the correct number.