If you run a self catering property, you might ask your guests to pay a security deposit when they make a booking. This can be refunded post-stay (either partially or in full), depending on whether or not any damage has been caused.
To set this up within Inn Style, just go to Accommodation > Security Deposits.
- Give the Security Deposit a name. (This will be displayed during the booking process.)
- Specify the amount you want to charge.
- Add the accommodation that the deposit applies to. (You can create different security deposits for different accommodations.)
- Choose whether this should be paid for during the booking process or when the total balance is collected.
Let's see that in action.
Now when a guest makes a booking, they’ll be notified that a security deposit will be added to their reservation.
Refunding the deposit
Once the guest has left and you’re happy to refund their security deposit, you’ll need to reopen their reservation.
- Scroll down until you see the Taken off the Bill section.
- Add the date of the refund.
- Specify the amount of money you're refunding, and add a note for the guest called Security Deposit Refund.
- Click the green tick to save, and the money will be deducted from the amount that's left to pay.
Then go to the Payments section towards the bottom of the page.
- Click the small blue Refund button on the right hand side of the screen, next to where the original payment was recorded.
- Add the amount you're refunding, with the description Security Deposit Refund.
Your balances should now be squared up!